Old 11-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default adding admin as new user

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:18:39 -0800
"Donny George" <donny008@gmail.com> wrote:

> hey
>
> i wanted to add admin as a new user on an ubuntu machine and it
> wouldnt let me do it with the command useradd admin. it says this
> group already exists
>
> i searched with these key words but i couldnt come up with a
> convincing solution
>
> could someone guide me please
>
> donny

You will need to use a different name. 'admin' is one of the system
users. You can look at /etc/passwd to see all the users on the system.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 11-04-2008, 05:42 PM
"Donny George"

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:18:39 -0800

"Donny George" <donny008@gmail.com> wrote:

> hey

> i wanted to add admin as a new user on an ubuntu machine and it

> wouldnt let me do it with the command useradd admin. it says this

> group already exists

> i searched with these key words but i couldnt come up with a

> convincing solution

> could someone guide me please

> donny

You will need to use a different name. 'admin' is one of the system

users. You can look at /etc/passwd to see all the users on the system.

good luck,

--

Charlie Kravetz

Linux Registered User Number 425914 * * * * *[http://counter.li.org/]

Never let anyone steal your DREAM. * * * * * [http://keepingdreams.com]

hey

i agree to wat u said, but earlier wen i had a gnome desktop i cud do
it by going to users and profiles on the system manager i think

but now i am using the fluxbox and i cudnt find a similiar tool. so my
reasoning was that if it was possible from the gnome then why not in
fluxbox too ?

donny