Old 11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Default ubuntu snapshot

Hi.
i wanna know if there is a software i can take a snapshot of my installed system.
as you know, i have troubles with graphic grub (unsolved yet), and it means i cant boot and i must make a fresh install again.
with that tools, i can* "experiment" and make changes that can affect my system, and later restore it without changes.
i've tried with partimage, but i guess its very confuse.

¡Todo sobre Amor y Sexo!
La guía completa para tu vida en Mujer de Hoy:

http://mujerdehoy.telemundo.yahoo.com/--

Old 11-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Christoph Bier

teicah teicah schrieb am 04.11.2008 17:46:

> I suggest gparted.

gparted for snapshots? Is this a new feature in Intrepid (I didn't
upgrade yet)?

Cesar, take a look at rsnapshot. But it's not a graphical tool. Did
you search synaptic for "snapshot"? Maybe you find something more
appropriate than rsnapshot.

Best
Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://zvisionwelt.de/downloads.html (1.6)

Old 11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/4 Cesar Augusto Suarez <cemaaiem@yahoo.com>:
> Hi.
> i wanna know if there is a software i can take a snapshot of my installed
> system.

dd

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-×*-ס-×¢-×£-פ-×¥-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü