Old 11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Mark

Default Evolution Email won't leave the outbox

Hi everyone:

I tried sending a
message out using Evolution, but the message just sits there in my
outbox with a number in parentheses (1) and the send/receive button is
grayed out. I tried closing the program and restarting it to see if
that would make it send and it didn't. I also tried rebooting, and that
didn't work. As a last resort, I tried deleting the gmail account which
is the one I'm using and then recreated it following the FAQ's on
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_access_my_GMail_POP_account.3F

but nothing seems to
help. Is there a way to get my gmail account to start working again? I
don't have that trouble in Thunderbird.

I am using a Dell
Inspiron 1525 laptop with Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 05:18 -0500, Mark wrote:
> I tried sending a message out using Evolution, but the message just
> sits there in my outbox with a number in parentheses (1) and the
> send/receive button is grayed out.

I replied to your first post about this, but was not sure then. The fact
that the send/receive button is greyed out pretty much confirms my
suspicion. I quote my other reply for convenience:

If the network connection is not available, Evolution sometimes goes
into offline mode, and AFAICT does not reliably go into online mode when
network is there. Go to menu File and check the third option from the
bottom. Or just click the icon in the lower left corner of the Evolution
window

Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 AM
Mark

Hi Mario.