Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Intel Compilers on Ubuntu

Hello,

I am trying to install Intel C/C++ compilers and threads tools on Ubuntu 8.10. Although I
have installed ia32-libs on my machine, Still I get the following message from installation
script,

Please type a selection:** 1

./.././data/install_cc.sh: line 3133: rpm: command not found

The installation program was not able to detect the IA-32 version of the following libraries installed** :*
libstdc++
libgcc
glibc

Without these libraries, the compiler will not function properly.

These libraries, if not installed, can be installed from
the OS discs after finishing the compiler installation.
Please refer to Release Notes for more information.

Does synpatic tool install ia32-libs in some non-standard path ?

csv