Old 11-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Mark

Default How do I make Thunderbird my default email program

Hi everyone:

I would like to know
how to set Thunderbird as my default email program instead of
evolution. Thank you.

I am using a dell
inspiron 1525 laptop running Ubuntu 8.04.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 23:36 -0500, Mark wrote:
> I would like to know how to set Thunderbird as my default email
> program instead of evolution. Thank you.
>

> I am using a dell inspiron 1525 laptop running Ubuntu 8.04.

On your top panel: menu System -> Preferences -> Preferred Applications.
Switch "Mail Reader" to Custom Applications. Then enter as the
command: /usr/bin/mozilla-thunderbird %s

At least this should work in principle. According to this forum thread,
however, there might be some issues with this:

I don't user TB, maybe someone with TB experience can help?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Mark

Mario Vukelic wrote:

Hi Mario:

You're right again as usual. Thanks again!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
en0f

Mark wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>

> I would like to know how to set Thunderbird as my default email program
> instead of evolution. Thank you.

Gnome-