Old 11-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Terminal windws popsp up and starts speaking every language known to mankind

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 20:58:04 -0500
Mark <markfpyles@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> I recently did an install of something but I'm not sure exactly what,
> but when I reboot my pc a terminal windows opens up and all of a
> sudden a computerized voice starts naming every language there is
> such as:
>
> English
> French
> German
> Italian
> Chinese
> Japanese
> etc....
>
> Is there a way to disable that. It is really horribly annoying and I
> regret ever downloading whatever in the world it was, but I certainly
> don't need to hear a computer voice reciting every known language on
> the planet. Can anyone help??? Thank you.
>
> I am using a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop running Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks.
>
> Mark

Sounds like you enabled accessiblity options. That should be the screen
reader. Disable it again in accessibilities? I think. I use Xubuntu and
it is not the same places as Gnome.

--
Charlie Kravetz