Old 11-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Scott Stewart

Default Installing ubuntu 8.04 busybox error(initramfs)

Hi,
I've got a gigabyte ep45-ds3l mobo and a 750 western digital SATA HD & pioneer SATA optical drive. This error comes up when i try to 'test without change' It says something like Busybox 1.1.8 (Ash) Then initramfs. Looked at bios for setting sata to ide and that was enabled but theres some crap about AHCI which is disabled however if i enable it i cannot boot at all. Any ideas on how to fix? Also this is my first time trying to install linux so i have no idea at all about the terminal, so please explain every step. I have got some literature on it and asked the forums but i haven't received a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Scott

Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
NoOp

On 11/02/2008 05:00 PM, Scott Stewart wrote:
> Hi, I've got a gigabyte ep45-ds3l mobo and a 750 western digital SATA
> HD & pioneer SATA optical drive. This error comes up when i try to
> 'test without change' It says something like Busybox 1.1.8 (Ash) Then
> initramfs. Looked at bios for setting sata to ide and that was
> enabled but theres some crap about AHCI which is disabled however if
> i enable it i cannot boot at all. Any ideas on how to fix? Also this
> is my first time trying to install linux so i have no idea at all
> about the terminal, so please explain every step. I have got some
> literature on it and asked the forums but i haven't received a
> definitive answer.
>
> Thanks in advance Regards Scott

Sounds like this issue:
initramfs error/problem ubuntu 8.04

You might try booting with the suggestions in comment 10:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/222176/comments/10
[all_generic_ide floppy=off irqpoll]