-   -   Thunderbird Questions (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/187234-thunderbird-questions.html)

"Michael "TheZorch" Haney" 11-03-2008 11:10 PM

Thunderbird Questions

I really need to put these in a file and save it to a USB drive for when
I need to reinstall my system.

There were two strings I had to add to Thunderbird's advanced settings
when I first install Kubuntu 8.04 and I've forgotten what they were.
I've Googled for them and couldn't find them.

1. What is the string I need to add so I can open URLs in messages with
Firefox?

2. What is the string I need to add so new mail notifications will
work? (tried every sound setting in Preferences even tried different
sound files in .wav and .ogg format, none work).

Thanks in advance.

--TheZorch
thezorch@gmail.com

"Dotan Cohen" 11-03-2008 11:14 PM

Thunderbird Questions

2008/11/4 Michael TheZorch Haney <thezorch@gmail.com>:
> I really need to put these in a file and save it to a USB drive for when
> I need to reinstall my system.
>
> There were two strings I had to add to Thunderbird's advanced settings
> when I first install Kubuntu 8.04 and I've forgotten what they were.
> I've Googled for them and couldn't find them.
>
> 1. What is the string I need to add so I can open URLs in messages with
> Firefox?

In the file ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/****.default/user.js add:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/firefox");

http://www.yoboy.com.au/images/string blue.jpg

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

"Michael "TheZorch" Haney" 11-03-2008 11:27 PM

Thunderbird Questions

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In the file ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/****.default/user.js add:
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox");
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/firefox");

Thank you very much. I've created a txt file with Kate and stored this
on my USB thumb drive for just-in-case.

>> 2. What is the string I need to add so new mail notifications will
>> work? (tried every sound setting in Preferences even tried different
>> sound files in .wav and .ogg format, none work).
>>

> http://www.yoboy.com.au/images/string blue.jpg

Oh, ha, ha, ha, that was so funny. You really should be a comedian. A
string, LOL.

Seriously though, how can I get sound working in Thunderbird? Anyone?

--TheZorch
thezorch@gmail.com