Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 PM
"Soo-Hyun Choi"

Default gnome-terminal keyboard mapping

Old 11-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Ulf Rompe

Am Montag, den 03.11.2008, 22:39 +0000 schrieb Soo-Hyun Choi:
> The keyboard is working fine with Firefox, gedit, etc, but it is not
> working correctly just with gnome-termial - i.e., backspace key
> doesn't work and the arrow keys doesn't work correctly. (When I press
> those keys, some weird characters are printed.)

Regarding the backspace key, you might try to change the backspace
behaviour in the compatibility tab of the profile settings.

Do you have some non standard settings in ~/.inputrc or /etc/inputrc?
What is your shell? Does it work correctly on the console (Ctrl-Alt-F1
to jump to the console, Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to X)? Does it work when
using a different terminal emulator like xterm?

[x] ulf
--
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 PM
"Soo-Hyun Choi"

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Ulf Rompe <Ulf.Rompe@icem.com> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 03.11.2008, 22:39 +0000 schrieb Soo-Hyun Choi:
>> The keyboard is working fine with Firefox, gedit, etc, but it is not
>> working correctly just with gnome-termial - i.e., backspace key
>> doesn't work and the arrow keys doesn't work correctly. (When I press
>> those keys, some weird characters are printed.)
>
> Regarding the backspace key, you might try to change the backspace
> behaviour in the compatibility tab of the profile settings.

I have tried this thing in the profile settings with no success.

> Do you have some non standard settings in ~/.inputrc or /etc/inputrc?

I don't have ~/.inputrc file, but I have attached my /etc/inputrc as the below.

> What is your shell? Does it work correctly on the console (Ctrl-Alt-F1
> to jump to the console, Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to X)? Does it work when
> using a different terminal emulator like xterm?

Yes, Ctrl-Alt-F1 and Ctrl-Alt-F7 worked fine. The backspace key and
other mal-functioning keys are working fine with Xterm. Those keys are
not working correctly just with gnome-terminal. So weird!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 PM
PleegWat

Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:
> I just upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid, and it seems that everything
> is working as before except the gnome-terminal keyboard mappings.

Are you using xmodmap? I ran into issues with my xmodmap configuration
due to the underlying keycodes changing.

Pleegwat

Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
"Soo-Hyun Choi"

Yes, I think I'm using xmodmap - by the way, how can I know that I'm
using it or not? If so, what was the issue you had and how did you fix
it?

Thanks,
Soo-Hyun