-   -   Inability to type (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/187079-inability-type.html)

Allen Meyers 11-03-2008 06:40 PM

Inability to type

On my Linux machine I have lost typing availability. Rebooted no change. It did allow me to type password, but that is not text
Hope it is an easy fix I am in a panic.
*
Thanks
*
Allen

Allen Meyers
chef11994@sbcglobal.net
texas.chef@gmail.com
*

*

*

*--

NoOp 11-03-2008 07:55 PM

Inability to type

On 11/03/2008 11:40 AM, Allen Meyers wrote:
> On my Linux machine I have lost typing availability. Rebooted no
> change. It did allow me to type password, but that is not text Hope
> it is an easy fix I am in a panic.
>
> Thanks
>
> Allen

At the login screen, select 'Sessons' and click on "Failsafe Gnome' then
'Change Session'. Enter your username & password & see if the keyboard
works in the Failsafe mode.

If it does not, then boot using the recovery mode, then select the xfix
option, let it do it's thing, then select the 1st option to continue.
See if that works. If not, post back.

"Allen Meyers" 11-03-2008 07:57 PM

Inability to type

To add to information I just posted. That inability to type only exists in KDE
Please advise.

Allen

texas.chef94@gmail.com

Allen Meyers 11-03-2008 08:31 PM

Inability to type

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:55 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 11/03/2008 11:40 AM, Allen Meyers wrote:

> On my Linux machine I have lost typing availability. Rebooted no

> change. It did allow me to type password, but that is not text Hope

> it is an easy fix I am in a panic.

> Thanks

> Allen

At the login screen, select 'Sessons' and click on "Failsafe Gnome' then

'Change Session'. Enter your username & password & see if the keyboard

works in the Failsafe mode.* I did as you instructed and status is the same, but this additional

* information might help. The inability to type is obviously a KDE

* File concern as that is the only session this occurs in. I am in

* Ubuntu with a kubuntu desk top. Please advise from this new

* information or do I need to go to the KDE list not intended to

* cast any doubts on your KDE ability.*

*
* I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

* Allen