Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
PleegWat

Default package install problem

Hi, I'm trying to install the libgl1-mesa-dev package, which I need to
compile wine from source. This used to work fine on 8.04, but in 8.10
I'm getting the following errors:

> $ sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> mesa-common-dev
> libgl1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev
> 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 195kB/225kB of archives.
> After this operation, 1098kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
> Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid/main mesa-common-dev 7.2-1ubuntu2 [195kB]
> Fetched 195kB in 0s (619kB/s)
> Selecting previously deselected package mesa-common-dev.
> (Reading database ... 260251 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking mesa-common-dev (from .../mesa-common-dev_7.2-1ubuntu2_all.deb) ...
> Unpacking libgl1-mesa-dev (from .../libgl1-mesa-dev_7.2-1ubuntu2_all.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dev_7.2-1ubuntu2_all.deb (--unpack):
> error creating symbolic link `./usr/lib/libGL.so': No such file or directory
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dev_7.2-1ubuntu2_all.deb

I've tried removing and reinstalling several times, as well as using the
main repository rather than the dutch mirror, but that doesn't seem to
work. Interestingly, the same package didn't cause any problems on a
similar system at work.

PleegWat

Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Michael

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 18:21 +0100, PleegWat wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to install the libgl1-mesa-dev package, which I need

Try to install from deb-src rather than pre-build binaries. The command
should be "apt-get source <file name here>".

-Mike

Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
PleegWat

Michael wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 18:21 +0100, PleegWat wrote:
>> Hi, I'm trying to install the libgl1-mesa-dev package, which I need
>
> Try to install from deb-src rather than pre-build binaries. The command
> should be "apt-get source <file name here>".

damn.

I must have busted something. Wine compiles now, but my windows app
gives weird errors, and it turns out even glxinfo/glxgears don't work
anymore. Gonna try a reboot now.

I don't wanna reinstall my system...

PleegWat

Old 11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
PleegWat

PleegWat wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 18:21 +0100, PleegWat wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm trying to install the libgl1-mesa-dev package, which I need
>> Try to install from deb-src rather than pre-build binaries. The command
>> should be "apt-get source <file name here>".
>
> damn.
>
> I must have busted something. Wine compiles now, but my windows app
> gives weird errors, and it turns out even glxinfo/glxgears don't work
> anymore. Gonna try a reboot now.

Hm, wasn't as bad as I feared. The lib from source installs in
/usr/local, and the nvidia driver refuses to work with stuff installed
there...

At least I've got openGL working again.

PleegWat