Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Synaptic Manager: Drivers Download

Hello,

It seems that Hardware Drivers menu's "Cancel" button doesn't work. If for some reasons, it is unable to
download, or take time, then it require Brute-Force i.e. Restart the machine by rebooting.

Can it be fixed ?

csv

Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Michael

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 22:34 +0530, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that Hardware Drivers menu's "Cancel" button doesn't work. If
> for some reasons, it is unable to
> download, or take time, then it require Brute-Force i.e. Restart the
> machine by rebooting.
>
> Can it be fixed ?
>
> csv

What version of synaptic and ubuntu are you using?
-Mike

Old 11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Hello,

I downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 today, so I guess everything must be the latest.

csv

Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Michael

So was it an upgrade install or a clean install? I've heard of and
experienced truely strange and unexplicable bugs/issues from upgrade
installs.
-Mike