Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 PM
"Bas Roufs"

Default MD5SSUM-check minimal Ubuntu CD image - SOLVED!

Hey Joel

Check - doublecheck - triplecheck... I really like your approach
:-)..... However it may be, after opening a terminal, also the SHA1
and SHA256 checks did work - the codes coming out of both checks do
exactly coincide with yours.
Just one question remaining - It could be useful to mention the
outcome of the 3 checks at this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
Can some explain me what I could do to make this happen? Is there some
possibility to edit that page?

Thanks, Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--
===============
Viaconsensus

Old 11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
NoOp

On 11/03/2008 07:48 AM, Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hey Joel
>
> Check - doublecheck - triplecheck... I really like your approach
> :-)..... However it may be, after opening a terminal, also the SHA1
> and SHA256 checks did work - the codes coming out of both checks do
> exactly coincide with yours.
> Just one question remaining - It could be useful to mention the
> outcome of the 3 checks at this page:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
> Can some explain me what I could do to make this happen? Is there some
> possibility to edit that page?
>
> Thanks, Respectfully Yours,
>
> Bas.

I backtracked from the url in that page:
<http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso>
<http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/main/installer-i386/current/images/>
then
<http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/main/installer-i386/current/images/MD5SUMS>
and the result is:
5009f9d335cfe6e6c4f10a6d994c1fcb ./netboot/mini.iso

HTH