Old 11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default GoogleEarth with Ubuntu 8.10

Hello,

I was using GoogleEarth with Ubuntu 8.04 without anyproblems for long time. But duration
new installation of GoogleEarth on AMD64 I get the following messages:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing Google Earth for GNU/Linux 4.3.7284.3916..................................... .........................
loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

Can somebody tell what 32 bits I must install to remove these errors ?

csv

Old 11-03-2008, 05:42 PM
"David Fox"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was using GoogleEarth with Ubuntu 8.04 without anyproblems for long time.
> But duration
> new installation of GoogleEarth on AMD64 I get the following messages:
>
> Verifying archive integrity... All good.
> Uncompressing Google Earth for GNU/Linux
> 4.3.7284.3916..................................... .........................
> loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

You might have better luck with the googleearth-4.3 package in the
medibuntu repository. I had best luck running googleearth on Hardy
installing from that repository.

You also need 32 bit compatible libraries installed (package
ia32-libs) and a 32bit component for your video driver's glx support
userland modules, for instance nvidia-glx if you are running with
nVidia video hardware.

> /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
> Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
> /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so

That is odd. I just did a distribution upgrade to intrepid over the
weekend, and I don't get those errors. Furthermore, those libaries, or
at least that one, belong to the gvfs package, and on my machine are
64 bit.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:12 AM, David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> I was using GoogleEarth with Ubuntu 8.04 without anyproblems for long time.

> But duration

> new installation of GoogleEarth on AMD64 I get the following messages:

> Verifying archive integrity... All good.

> Uncompressing Google Earth for GNU/Linux

> 4.3.7284.3916..................................... .........................

> loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

You might have better luck with the googleearth-4.3 package in the

medibuntu repository. I had best luck running googleearth on Hardy

installing from that repository.

You also need 32 bit compatible libraries installed (package

ia32-libs) and a 32bit component for your video driver's glx support

userland modules, for instance nvidia-glx if you are running with

nVidia video hardware.

> /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class:

> ELFCLASS64

> Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so

> /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

> Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so

That is odd. I just did a distribution upgrade to intrepid over the

weekend, and I don't get those errors. Furthermore, those libaries, or

at least that one, belong to the gvfs package, and on my machine are

64 bit.

Hello,

May be I didn't understand your suggestions.

1.** I used synpatic Hardware Drivers and used Nvidia 177.80 version, and
** I didn't install any other drivers. How should I add nvidia-glx for 32 bit ?

2.* Regarding those cryptic messages, what is your suggestion ? I understand that
**** your machine too is 64 bit, but what I must do to avoid these error messages ?

Thanks.
csv

Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 PM
"David Fox"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:
> May be I didn't understand your suggestions.
>
> 1. I used synpatic Hardware Drivers and used Nvidia 177.80 version, and
> I didn't install any other drivers. How should I add nvidia-glx for 32
> bit ?

It may have automatically installed the 32 bit components. There is a
question in the installation for the nvidia driver if you install it
from Nvidia's website, it will ask you to install the 32 bit
components.

In the list file for the nvidia driver 177 package, I see various
files under lib32, which are the 32 bit equivalent libraries for the
user component (non kernel) of the driver.

Perhaps you might retry installing googleearth from the medibuntu repository.