Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
bqz69

Default How do you activate single mouse click in gnome

I have been using kde for years, and am used to it by habit, so I can work
real fast.

Then I installed ubuntu 8.10, and suddenly kde 3.5.10 was gone, only 4.1 was
there.

That is one of the greatest chocks in my linux time (I have been on linux
since redhat 4.9). *humour - serious*

I have tried kde 4.1 from time to time, but it is not ripe for me yet.

So suddenly you press kde 4.1 down over ones head (almost like microsoft
policy) - I would like to choose myself when time come.

Now I try to learn gnome, but gnome seems to decide what my mouse does, I also
like to be in command, so now I will slowly try to learn both kde 4.1 and
gnome, but I am again using ubuntu 8.04 wiht kde 3.5.10.

I do not blame anybody, but if you want NEWBIES to use ubuntu, you have to
think matters over seriously ( I think).

I am using firefox when konqueror does not work well, so I interexchange using
the two, and that works very well for me.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> I have been using kde for years, and am used to it by habit,
> so I can work
> real fast.
>
> Then I installed ubuntu 8.10, and suddenly kde 3.5.10 was
> gone, only 4.1 was
> there.
>
> That is one of the greatest chocks in my linux time (I have
> been on linux
> since redhat 4.9). *humour - serious*
>
> I have tried kde 4.1 from time to time, but it is not ripe
> for me yet.
>
> So suddenly you press kde 4.1 down over ones head (almost
> like microsoft
> policy) - I would like to choose myself when time come.
>
> Now I try to learn gnome, but gnome seems to decide what my
> mouse does, I also
> like to be in command, so now I will slowly try to learn
> both kde 4.1 and
> gnome, but I am again using ubuntu 8.04 wiht kde 3.5.10.
>
> I do not blame anybody, but if you want NEWBIES to use
> ubuntu, you have to
> think matters over seriously ( I think).
>
> I am using firefox when konqueror does not work well, so I
> interexchange using
> the two, and that works very well for me.

I use Hardy and kde4.1 and on my system the single click setting is under Kmenu->Favorites->System Settings under the mouse tab. Just tick the "single click to open files and folders". That should do it.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 11:52 +0100, bqz69 wrote:
> So suddenly you press kde 4.1 down over ones head (almost like microsoft
> policy) - I would like to choose myself when time come.

Well, KDE moved on. If you want them to keep maintaining KDE 1, 2, and
3, I'm sure they do it if you pay them

> Now I try to learn gnome, but gnome seems to decide what my mouse does,

I don't know what you mean

> I do not blame anybody, but if you want NEWBIES to use ubuntu, you have to
> think matters over seriously ( I think).

I don't think you have voiced any issue that would have anything to do
with newbies having problems. Newbies won't care about losing KDE 3.5,
will they.

Curiously, I could not find any reference in your post about the actual
subject of said post. If you are actually interested in that, open any
file manager window -> menu Edit -> Preferences -> tab Behavior