-   -   Graphics Cards and Benchmarking (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/186741-graphics-cards-benchmarking.html)

"Chaman Singh Verma" 11-03-2008 08:15 AM

Graphics Cards and Benchmarking

Hello,

Where can I find some standard benchmarking information of NVidia/AMD graphics card ( if they exists ).
Somehow standard "glxgears" doesn't seems to be good a benchmark. Perptually, you don't see much

difference between the rendering speed with or without graphics cards.

Thanks.
csv

Joris Dobbelsteen 11-03-2008 08:59 AM

Chaman Singh Verma wrote, On 03-11-08 10:15:
> Hello,
>
> Where can I find some standard benchmarking information of NVidia/AMD
> graphics card ( if they exists ).
> Somehow standard "glxgears" doesn't seems to be good a benchmark.
> Perptually, you don't see much
> difference between the rendering speed with or without graphics cards.

Sites like tom's hardware, anandtech, x-bit labs come to mind. There are
quite a few others as well...

None are standard and vendors will try to make their card appear good
with things like 3dmark and such. The web sites use modern games
(mostly) to represent the current state of technology.

- Joris