Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Mark Kirkwood

Default 8.10 Upgrade failure - hash sum mismatch

Attempting to upgrade a fully updated 8.04 installation I get this:

W:Failed to fetch
http://nz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/intrepid-updates/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2
Hash Sum mismatch
, E:Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead

and the upgrade aborts.

Checking equivalent files from http://archive.ubuntu.com shows they seem
to have the same checksums... confused...

regards

Mark

Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 21:20 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Checking equivalent files from http://archive.ubuntu.com shows they seem
> to have the same checksums... confused...

Just retry a bit later, it will most likely fix itself

Old 11-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Mark Kirkwood

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 21:20 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>
>> Checking equivalent files from http://archive.ubuntu.com shows they seem
>> to have the same checksums... confused...
>>

> Just retry a bit later, it will most likely fix itself

Tried again today, and the hashes are happy - successful update to 8.10.
Thanks!

Mark

Old 11-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 16:59 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Tried again today, and the hashes are happy - successful update to
> 8.10.
> Thanks!

You are welcome. Have fun!