Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Mark

Default Open windows on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen

Hi everyone:

I'm the newbie in the bunch here and everyone has been so fantastic with all their kind help which is very much appreciated. I have a rather annoying problem. Whenever I open a window or program, it appears at the bottom of screen minimized or on the task bar minimized. why when I go to click on it that it doesn't open up on the screen for me, it stead it just stays there at the bottom and won't pop up on the screen when I click on it to make it active. Only when I right click on it and choose always on top does it finally become active and popup to where it is viewable on my screen. Is there any way around that? It's really annoying. When I click on a window on the bottom task bar, I expect it to open up and not just sit there and have to go through all those extra steps just to get the crazy thing to open up to view it. Thank you everyone!

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop using Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks again.

Mark

Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
NoOp

On 11/02/2008 08:37 PM, Mark wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I'm the newbie in the bunch here and everyone has been so fantastic with
> all their kind help which is very much appreciated. I have a rather
> annoying problem. Whenever I open a window or program, it appears at the
> bottom of screen minimized or on the task bar minimized. why when I go
> to click on it that it doesn't open up on the screen for me, it stead it
> just stays there at the bottom and won't pop up on the screen when I
> click on it to make it active. Only when I right click on it and choose
> always on top does it finally become active and popup to where it is
> viewable on my screen. Is there any way around that? It's really
> annoying. When I click on a window on the bottom task bar, I expect it
> to open up and not just sit there and have to go through all those extra
> steps just to get the crazy thing to open up to view it. Thank you
> everyone!
>
> I am using a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop using Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks again.
>
> Mark

You should not have to use "always on top". For some windows tabs you
may have to double-click, but in general a single click should work.
Have a look at: System|Preferences|Mouse and the Double-Click Timeout
setting. Sometimes if it is set all the way to 'Short' a window won't
open; move the slider to the right about a half inch & then test.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Mark

HI NoOp:

Thank you. It worked great!!!! Thanks again.