Old 11-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Harold Hartley

Default no sound when running skype

I installed ubuntu 8.10 and it found my wireless card right off the bat
and I was very pleased. I did all my other stuff needed to be done and
so I started skype and there was no sound when it started up and there
was no audio and the video didn't work.
In 8.04 skype worked perfectly sound, audio and video.

Has anyone else have this problem with skype or other app using sound or
video..

Harold

Old 11-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Jeff

I installed ubuntu 8.10 and it found my wireless card right off the bat
and I was very pleased. I did all my other stuff needed to be done and
so I started skype and there was no sound when it started up and there
was no audio and the video didn't work.
In 8.04 skype worked perfectly sound, audio and video.

Has anyone else have this problem with skype or other app using sound or
video..

Harold

Yes have the same problem worked in 8.04(64bit) but not in 8.10(64bit)** How to fix?* sorry not knowing.

Jeff

Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 AM
"Chris Mohler"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Jeff
<captain.jeffrey.t.spaulding@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 20:59 -0500, Harold Hartley wrote:
>
> I installed ubuntu 8.10 and it found my wireless card right off the bat
> and I was very pleased. I did all my other stuff needed to be done and
> so I started skype and there was no sound when it started up and there
> was no audio and the video didn't work.
> In 8.04 skype worked perfectly sound, audio and video.
>
> Has anyone else have this problem with skype or other app using sound or
> video..

Just the first thing to try: double-click the volume control (Gnome
panel - top-left), and check your sliders. If that doesn't do it,
click preferences (in the same dialog) and check for "hidden" playback
channels. Enable them if hidden and try boosting the slider(s).

Chris

Old 11-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Catalin David

Harold Hartley wrote:
> I installed ubuntu 8.10 and it found my wireless card right off the bat
> and I was very pleased. I did all my other stuff needed to be done and
> so I started skype and there was no sound when it started up and there
> was no audio and the video didn't work.
> In 8.04 skype worked perfectly sound, audio and video.
>
> Has anyone else have this problem with skype or other app using sound or
> video..
>
> Harold

On my Ibex, when Skype is on, Amarok can't start xine (I guess, not able
to tell for sure, but this seems to be the problem) and no sound comes
out of the system except Skype... Anyone experiencing that too?

Skype is bad with PulseAudio ...

Catalin