Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Ioannis Vranos

Default When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in

OS: Ubuntu 8.10 x86.

When I am ejecting a DVD or DVD-RAM (I suppose the media doesn't
matter), it reinserts it back again.

Any fix for this?

Thanks,

Ioannis

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Samuel Rohde

Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
"Michael Thompson"

Its a known problem with 8.10, its in the release notes. It should be
fixed with the next kernal release.

Thanks

Michael

2008/11/2 Samuel Rohde <samuelrohde@yahoo.com>:
> Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.

Michael
http://www.flickr.com/maverickapollo
PGP Key ID: E26BCAF1

Old 11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Samuel Rohde wrote:
> Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same
> problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix
> it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.

You'd better be damn fast then! :-) I just let it close and then push
the eject button, at which point it opens and stays open.
NP: nothing

Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Samuel Rohde

Steven Davies: lol, I am REALLY fast. I know, I just found out about that.