Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/)
-   -   When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/186555-when-ejecting-dvd-dvd-ram-reinserts.html)

Ioannis Vranos 11-02-2008 08:45 PM

When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
 
OS: Ubuntu 8.10 x86.


When I am ejecting a DVD or DVD-RAM (I suppose the media doesn't
matter), it reinserts it back again.


Any fix for this?


Thanks,

Ioannis

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Samuel Rohde 11-02-2008 08:56 PM

When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
 
Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.



----- Original Message ----
> From: Ioannis Vranos <ivranos@freemail.gr>
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2008 1:45:20 PM
> Subject: When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
>
> OS: Ubuntu 8.10 x86.
>
>
> When I am ejecting a DVD or DVD-RAM (I suppose the media doesn't
> matter), it reinserts it back again.
>
>
> Any fix for this?
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ioannis
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users






--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

"Michael Thompson" 11-02-2008 09:00 PM

When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
 
Its a known problem with 8.10, its in the release notes. It should be
fixed with the next kernal release.

Thanks

Michael

2008/11/2 Samuel Rohde <samuelrohde@yahoo.com>:
> Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
>> From: Ioannis Vranos <ivranos@freemail.gr>
>> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2008 1:45:20 PM
>> Subject: When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
>>
>> OS: Ubuntu 8.10 x86.
>>
>>
>> When I am ejecting a DVD or DVD-RAM (I suppose the media doesn't
>> matter), it reinserts it back again.
>>
>>
>> Any fix for this?
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ioannis
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>



--
Michael
http://www.flickr.com/maverickapollo
PGP Key ID: E26BCAF1

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Steven Davies-Morris 11-02-2008 09:15 PM

When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
 
Samuel Rohde wrote:
> Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same
> problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix
> it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.

You'd better be damn fast then! :-) I just let it close and then push
the eject button, at which point it opens and stays open.
--
Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man
Systems Theory internet music project: <www.systemstheory.net>
on MySpace: <www.myspace.com/systemstheory>
on Last FM: <www.last.fm/music/Systems+Theory>
get "Codetalkers" *free* at <www.mikedickson.org.uk/codetalkers>
NP: nothing

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Samuel Rohde 11-02-2008 09:21 PM

When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
 
Steven Davies: lol, I am REALLY fast. I know, I just found out about that. ;)



----- Original Message ----
> From: Steven Davies-Morris <sdavmor@systemstheory.net>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:15:09 PM
> Subject: Re: When ejecting a DVD or a DVD-RAM, it reinserts it in
>
> Samuel Rohde wrote:
> > Hey that's funny, I was just going to ask that. I have the same
> > problem too, ever since I upgraded to 8.10. I don't know how to fix
> > it, I just get the CD as fast as I can.
>
> You'd better be damn fast then! :-) I just let it close and then push
> the eject button, at which point it opens and stays open.
> --
> Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man
> Systems Theory internet music project:
> on MySpace:
> on Last FM:
> get "Codetalkers" *free* at
> NP: nothing
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users






--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.