-   -   How to install very large new disk (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/186486-how-install-very-large-new-disk.html)

Pete Clapham 11-02-2008 05:04 PM

How to install very large new disk

Hi, all --

I want to use 2 1.5 Tb disks with Intrepid.* Tried to install Intrepid
on the computer with disks in place; Install saw them, but wouldn't
format them.* Loaded OS with 500 Gb disks in place, no problem.* Added
a 1.5 Tb disk, but gparted doesn't see it.

Is 1.5 Tb too large for Intrepid?* Should I be using a file system
other than ext3 for a disk this size?* Is there another way besides
gparted to see a new (unformatted) disk?*

Thanks for your help.

cheers,

pete

--
Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences

Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 687-6972
w.clapham@csuohio.edu