Old 11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
"Carlos A. Carnero Delgado"

Default Two Intrepid questions

Hello there,

in my workplace I've been distributing Ubuntu and Kubuntu discs for a
while. Most people just ask questions, but several folks have gone so
far as to installing it (of course, tied to priority IT support for
K/Ubuntu installations.) What I have observed is that roughly 50% of
people go with Ubuntu and the other half go with Kubuntu. Being a KDE
user since KDE 1.x times (Slackware, then SuSe and a couple of years
back Kubuntu--started with the badger) I wanted to try and see the
Gnome point of view, so I installed the Ibex and I have two questions:

1. Using the administration applets, how do I change the host name?
2. The Gnome manual makes reference to the Network configuration tool,
located in System -> Administration -> Network, but I can't find it.
Did I do anything wrong?

Best regards,
Carlos.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 PM
"(``-_-““) -- Fernando"

Olį Carlos e a todos.

On Sunday 02 November 2008 17:10:56 Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:
> how do I change the host name?

System -> Administration -> Network ->Unlock -> General -> «choose your new name» -> reboot;

Alternative: sudo gedit /etc/hostname

--
BUGabundo )
(``-_-““) http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net

Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
"Carlos A. Carnero Delgado"

> System -> Administration -> Network ->Unlock -> General -> «choose your new name» -> reboot;

Well, that's one of the problems: I don't have System ->
Administration -> Network!

> Alternative: sudo gedit /etc/hostname

I really didn't want to resort to that.

Thanks a lot,