Old 11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Samuel Rohde

Default Could someone help with an Ubuntu install on a laptop?

I have Linux Mint 5 on my laptop right now, but I want Ubuntu 8.10 on
it. My laptop's CPU is a 686, but I can't find where to download an
Ubuntu i686 iso. Does anyone know where to download? I tryed i386, and
it ran smoothly from the live CD but it wouldn't install. So does
anyone know where to download an Ubuntu i686 iso? Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:22 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/2 Samuel Rohde <samuelrohde@yahoo.com>:
> I have Linux Mint 5 on my laptop right now, but I want Ubuntu 8.10 on it. My
> laptop's CPU is a 686, but I can't find where to download an Ubuntu i686
> iso. Does anyone know where to download? I tryed i386, and it ran smoothly
> from the live CD but it wouldn't install. So does anyone know where to
> download an Ubuntu i686 iso? Any help would be great, thanks.

Try the alternative installer as well:
http://ubuntu.mirrors.proxad.net/intrepid/

--
Dotan Cohen