Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Carlos Alberto Alves

Default Firefox 3.03 and PNG images

Does anybody know why Firefox 3.03 under Gutsy Gibbon does not show PNG
images from websites? Firefox 2.0.0.17 shows those images without any
problems.
TIA,

Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 PM
"Anthony M. Rasat"

>Does anybody know why Firefox >3.03 under Gutsy Gibbon does >not show PNG
>images from websites?

Mine's works. Just check it against cacti graphs' png. It's firefox 3.0.3 on intrepid.

Perhaps your firefox has been misconfigured?

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Barat 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465
Web http://www.jpnn.com

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Carlos Alberto Alves

Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
>> Does anybody know why Firefox >3.03 under Gutsy Gibbon does >not show PNG
>> images from websites?
>
> Mine's works. Just check it against cacti graphs' png. It's firefox 3.0.3 on intrepid.
>
> Perhaps your firefox has been misconfigured?

I have looked at that site and some images load others don't.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
"Anthony M. Rasat"

>I have looked at that site and >some images load others don't.

I don't mean to be sarcastic here but are you sure your ISP doing a good job? Based what you told here I don't think that firefox is the one to blame.

Png files sometimes tend to be quiet big that slow connections may render it interrupted, which maybe your case.

In my country, most wireless network provider even on 3G they offered are less reliable compares to DSL providers so I wouldn't blame any software if the case is against connection to internet.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Carlos Alberto Alves

Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
>> I have looked at that site and >some images load others don't.
>>

> I don't mean to be sarcastic here but are you sure your ISP doing a good job? Based what you told here I don't think that firefox is the one to blame.
>
> Png files sometimes tend to be quiet big that slow connections may render it interrupted, which maybe your case.
>
> In my country, most wireless network provider even on 3G they offered are less reliable compares to DSL providers so I wouldn't blame any software if the case is against connection to internet.

Thanks for your input, but I didn't blame any software. By the way,
Firefox 3.1 beta 1 is working fine with images.