Old 11-01-2008, 09:56 PM
"Jonathan D. Armendariz"

Default Not able to get sound from web applications

Hello,

Just installed Ubuntu 8.10 and I must say I'm quite impressed. However I
have one remaining issue to resolve. It seems that any web site that I
visit (I'm using Firefox 3.0.3 BTW) seems to not play any sound
whatsoever meaning I can't hear sound on YouTube, Pandora, and so on. I
do know that my sound cars is mostly working as I can listen to
streaming music from Shoutcast and my Last.FM client. I do also know
that in SYSTEM/PREFERENCES/SOUND sees my card just fine as well. Perhaps
I am missing something here? Any suggestions or pointing me in the right
direction would be great! Thank you.

--
If there's a new way
I'll be the first in line

- Megadeth

Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM
"Abhinav Gupta"

Check your flash audio settings. If thats fine, then its probably
related to PulseAudio.
Try a "killall pulseaudio" before opening the flash content.
If it works after that, then your pulseaudio can be configured to fix
it. Just follow instructions on
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578 - Should probably fix
it.

Abhinav Gupta