Old 11-01-2008, 04:42 PM
"Travis Smith"

Default POS software

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com> wrote:

Doug Robinson wrote:

> Hello one and all

> * * I am a retired programmer but a friend has been

> asking me about a POS - Inventory control and general do it all

> computer solution for his new winery.

> * * I may remember how to do some small amount of banking stuff I am

> definitely not

> up to speed on retail &| wholesale anything.

> * * Can/will somebody out there aim me in the right direction to

> help me find a good solution for this guy?

> * * Of course he would like it right away, he would like it to operate

> quickly and he would like it to be free - in any sense.

> Thanks for your time.

> D.K. Robinson *<dkrrXXX@YYYtelus.net>

I've done just a few point of sale systems one for a restaurant and one for a grocery store but mostly as a favor and side job. I had them purchase Cash Register Express, and the other one was so long ago don't remember for the restaurant. Used a dummy station set up for one where they just connect to server, and the other needed to make sure each station was not relying on the server so put pcs in each lane. I didn't find anything open source at the time but that would be great. Good Luck.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Doug Robinson

Travis Smith wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com
> <mailtosavoie1783@rogers.com>> wrote:
>

> Doug Robinson wrote:
> > Hello one and all
> >
> > I am a retired programmer but a friend has been
> > asking me about a POS - Inventory control and general do it all
> > computer solution for his new winery.
> >
> > I may remember how to do some small amount of banking stuff I am
> > definitely not
> > up to speed on retail &| wholesale anything.
> >
> > Can/will somebody out there aim me in the right direction to
> > help me find a good solution for this guy?
> >
> > Of course he would like it right away, he would like it to
> operate
> > quickly and he would like it to be free - in any sense.
> >
> > Thanks for your time.
> >
> > D.K. Robinson <dkrrXXX@YYYtelus.net>
> >

> I've done just a few point of sale systems one for a restaurant and
> one for a grocery store but mostly as a favor and side job. I had them
> purchase Cash Register Express, and the other one was so long ago
> don't remember for the restaurant. Used a dummy station set up for one
> where they just connect to server, and the other needed to make sure
> each station was not relying on the server so put pcs in each lane. I
> didn't find anything open source at the time but that would be great.
> Good Luck.
I want to thank all of those who responded. You have been a big help.

dkr