Old 11-01-2008, 01:18 PM
"Александр Горлов"

Default Terminal server on ubuntu server

Hello All.

I would like to install Terminal server on ubuntu server. It means I would like to have access to this server from* network workstation via local X-server. May be my question is not correct. On other hands I would like to access to the GNOME or KDE that work on ubuntu server.

Which hardware shall be used for these purposes

--
Thanks

Alex

Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/1 Александр Горлов <mail.list.4.ag.hob@gmail.com>:
> Hello All.
>
> I would like to install Terminal server on ubuntu server. It means I would
> like to have access to this server from network workstation via local
> X-server. May be my question is not correct. On other hands I would like to
> access to the GNOME or KDE that work on ubuntu server.
> Which hardware shall be used for these purposes

Alex, I assume that you are asking about client software. You can
connect to the server via SSH with the -X (uppercase) to get graphical
capabilities. You won't have a desktop, but you can run graphical
applications via X forwarding.

For example:

$ ssh -X user@server
$ digikam

And now digikam is running on the server, but via your X server.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il