Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 AM

Default So.. what do you see in the ink-blot experiment that is the new Intrepid background?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as the next guy that the stupid water
fowl is gone, as well as the dark brown piece of skin presumably taken
from Nelson Mandela's lower abdomen, but this new semi-abstract thingy
looks SCARY.

Or it just me? What do YOU see in it?

Cheers,
Han.

#adBox3 {display:none;}

Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Derek Broughton

custom@freenet.de wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as the next guy that the stupid water
> fowl is gone

I _loved_ the waterfowl.
--
derek

Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> said:
> custom@freenet.de wrote:
>

> > Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as the next guy that the stupid
> > water fowl is gone
>
> I _loved_ the waterfowl.
> --
> derek

Ditto; got the tee shirt...

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 11-03-2008, 08:39 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/3 Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca>:
> custom@freenet.de wrote:
>

>> Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as the next guy that the stupid water
>> fowl is gone
>
> I _loved_ the waterfowl.

So did I. Did you have the marinara sauce or the garlic?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 PM
NoOp

On 11/03/2008 01:39 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/11/3 Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca>:
>> custom@freenet.de wrote:
>>

>>> Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as the next guy that the stupid water
>>> fowl is gone
>>
>> I _loved_ the waterfowl.
>
> So did I. Did you have the marinara sauce or the garlic?

Hardy herb stuffing.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/4 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> Hardy herb stuffing.

I can't wait to taste the goat.

(Is there a better word than goat? In Hebrew we would call the family
צאן "Tzon" however Wikipedia does not link me to an English
equivilent. To what family would goats, sheep, and other domestic
herded animals belong?)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
NoOp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibex

Old 11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/4 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibex

Yes, that is why I choose to use the word goat. In my language goat,
ibex, and sheep are all part of the Tzon family (just like ducks,
geese, and heron are all of the Fowl family). I am surprised that
there is no word for it in English.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> said:
> 2008/11/4 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> > Hardy herb stuffing.
> >

> I can't wait to taste the goat.
[...]
> To what family would goats, sheep, and other domestic
> herded animals belong?)
Bovidae

Except for this one:
cybe@WizardsTower:~$ dict goat
[...]
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:
goat
[...]
2: a victim of ridicule or pranks [syn: {butt}, {goat},
{laughingstock}, {stooge}]

which we hope that Ubuntu's release can avoid.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> said:
> 2008/11/4 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibex
> >

> Yes, that is why I choose to use the word goat. In my language goat,
> ibex, and sheep are all part of the Tzon family (just like ducks,
> geese, and heron are all of the Fowl family). I am surprised that
> there is no word for it in English.

I think the word you look for is ruminants.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes