Old 11-01-2008, 08:33 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default NVidia 8800GT + Ubuntu 8.10 + Intel DG31PR

Hello,

Has anybody installed* NVidia 8800GT card, with Ubuntu 8.10 OS having Intel DG31PR motherboard ?
Please reply if you are successfully using Nvidia card.

I assume that this query is orthogonal to my previous queries regarding some installation problems with

Nvidia drivers.

With regards.

csv

Old 11-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Karl Larsen

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody installed NVidia 8800GT card, with Ubuntu 8.10 OS having Intel
> DG31PR motherboard ?
> Please reply if you are successfully using Nvidia card.
>
> I assume that this query is orthogonal to my previous queries regarding some
> installation problems with
> Nvidia drivers.
>
> With regards.
>
> csv

There is supposed to not be an issue with the 8800 NVIDIA drivers.
The problem is the older 6100 so it should work.

Let us know if it works well.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-01-2008, 01:13 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> Hello,

> Has anybody installed *NVidia 8800GT card, with Ubuntu 8.10 OS having Intel

> DG31PR motherboard ?

> Please reply if you are successfully using Nvidia card.

> I assume that this query is orthogonal to my previous queries regarding some

> installation problems with

> Nvidia drivers.

> With regards.

> csv

* *There is supposed to not be an issue with the 8800 NVIDIA drivers.

The problem is the older 6100 so it should work.

Let us know if it works well.

Karl

--

* * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

* * * *Linux User

* * * *#450462 * http://counter.li.org.

* PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C *ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7

Hello,

The reason I asked was because I am facing problem in starting NVidia and don't
know where to look for the hints. Well, theoretically all software are great and work beyond expectations.

csv