FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-01-2008, 04:29 AM
loody
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

Dear all:
I use fodora before and vim under it can show different by different
file type, like c, make file, etc.
But in Xubuntu, i cannot have the color vim in fodora.
Would someone tell me how to make my vim under xubuntu colorful again?
appreciate your help,
miloody

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Qnix
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:29 AM, loody <miloody@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all:

I use fodora before and vim under it can show different by different

file type, like c, make file, etc.

But in Xubuntu, i cannot have the color vim in fodora.

Would someone tell me how to make my vim under xubuntu colorful again?

appreciate your help,

miloody



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



Edit /etc/vim/vimrc and uncomment line 20
syntax on

That's it if you still don't see the colors, try to search for some useful packages
aptitude search vim
and you'll find what you need


--
Qnix < qnix@0x80.org >

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-01-2008, 06:23 AM
loody
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

2008/11/1 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
>> Edit /etc/vim/vimrc and uncomment line 20
>> syntax on
>>
>> That's it if you still don't see the colors, try to search for some useful
>> packages
>> aptitude search vim
>> and you'll find what you need
Hi:
The syntax on works fine.
But I have another little question, how can I let the match pattern be
different color in vim.
Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
color mark the "search" in my document.
I have check the vimrc file, but cannot find the comment option for my
requirement.
appreciate your help,
miloody

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Marius Gedminas
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
> 2008/11/1 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
> >> Edit /etc/vim/vimrc and uncomment line 20
> >> syntax on
> >>
> >> That's it if you still don't see the colors, try to search for some useful
> >> packages
> >> aptitude search vim
> >> and you'll find what you need
> Hi:
> The syntax on works fine.
> But I have another little question, how can I let the match pattern be
> different color in vim.
> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
> color mark the "search" in my document.
> I have check the vimrc file, but cannot find the comment option for my
> requirement.
> appreciate your help,
> miloody

vim has a nice on-line help system you can access with :help.

The answer to your question is :set hlsearch.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--
Real programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Hal Burgiss
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
> color mark the "search" in my document.

set hlsearch ?

Try that.

--
Hal


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
loody
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

2008/11/1 Hal Burgiss <hal@burgiss.net>:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
>> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
>> color mark the "search" in my document.
>
> set hlsearch ?
>
Hi:
I fixed my problem.
thanks all your kind help,
miloody

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 AM
"Chris Rees"
 
Default how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

2008/11/1 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/1 Hal Burgiss <hal@burgiss.net>:
>> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
>>> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
>>> color mark the "search" in my document.
>>
>> set hlsearch ?
>>
> Hi:
> I fixed my problem.
> thanks all your kind help,
> miloody
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>


What did you do that fixed it?
--
R< $&h ! > $- ! $+ $@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:13 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org