-   -   how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/185891-how-make-my-vim-colorful-xubuntu.html)

loody 11-01-2008 04:29 AM

how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

Dear all:
I use fodora before and vim under it can show different by different
file type, like c, make file, etc.
But in Xubuntu, i cannot have the color vim in fodora.
Would someone tell me how to make my vim under xubuntu colorful again?
appreciate your help,
miloody

Qnix 11-01-2008 05:48 AM

how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

I use fodora before and vim under it can show different by different

file type, like c, make file, etc.

But in Xubuntu, i cannot have the color vim in fodora.

Would someone tell me how to make my vim under xubuntu colorful again?

appreciate your help,

miloody

Edit /etc/vim/vimrc and uncomment line 20
syntax on

That's it if you still don't see the colors, try to search for some useful packages
aptitude search vim
and you'll find what you need

--
Qnix < qnix@0x80.org >

loody 11-01-2008 06:23 AM

2008/11/1 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
>> Edit /etc/vim/vimrc and uncomment line 20
>> syntax on
>>
>> That's it if you still don't see the colors, try to search for some useful
>> packages
>> aptitude search vim
>> and you'll find what you need
Hi:
The syntax on works fine.
But I have another little question, how can I let the match pattern be
different color in vim.
Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
color mark the "search" in my document.
I have check the vimrc file, but cannot find the comment option for my
requirement.
appreciate your help,
miloody

Marius Gedminas 11-01-2008 06:52 AM

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
> 2008/11/1 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
> >> Edit /etc/vim/vimrc and uncomment line 20
> >> syntax on
> >>
> >> That's it if you still don't see the colors, try to search for some useful
> >> packages
> >> aptitude search vim
> >> and you'll find what you need
> Hi:
> The syntax on works fine.
> But I have another little question, how can I let the match pattern be
> different color in vim.
> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
> color mark the "search" in my document.
> I have check the vimrc file, but cannot find the comment option for my
> requirement.
> appreciate your help,
> miloody

vim has a nice on-line help system you can access with :help.

The answer to your question is :set hlsearch.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--
Real programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.

Hal Burgiss 11-01-2008 10:14 AM

how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
> color mark the "search" in my document.

set hlsearch ?

Try that.

--
Hal

loody 11-01-2008 10:27 AM

2008/11/1 Hal Burgiss <hal@burgiss.net>:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
>> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
>> color mark the "search" in my document.
>
> set hlsearch ?

Hi:
I fixed my problem.
thanks all your kind help,
miloody

"Chris Rees" 11-01-2008 10:32 AM

how to make my vim colorful in xubuntu

2008/11/1 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/1 Hal Burgiss <hal@burgiss.net>:
>> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +0800, loody wrote:
>>> Suppose I use /search in command mode, I hope vim will use different
>>> color mark the "search" in my document.
>>
>> set hlsearch ?
>>
> Hi:
> I fixed my problem.