Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Rashkae

Default /home can't be mounted (unknown filesystem type 'jmicron_raid_member')

Christoph Bier wrote:
> Christoph Bier schrieb am 10.12.2007 19:52:
>
> [...]
>
> Stress and mental pressure make me blind. Now in the shower I had an
> idea ... Telling mount via the -t option that the filesystem to be
> mounted is an ext3 filesystem works :-). Though this is a clean
> workaround (at least at home---I will try it tomorrow at office) I
> still wonder why
>
> mount /dev/sdb1 /home
>
> suddenly stopped working.

I'm only guessing here, but I think some of the data in your superblock
is corrupt. The interesting part is why "Jmicron Raid Member" would get
stuck in there. It's almost as though a mobo tried to make the USB drive
part of a Mobo software raid.

In any case, now that you can mount the drive, I would copy off all the
data from it, then do a complete badblocks check. Assuming the drive is
still ok, do a re-partition/re-format.