Old 09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Mandi

Default Fw: Compiz install problem

Mandi wrote:
> I was trying to install Compiz by following the instructions at
>
> http://thegabfather.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/how-to-install-compiz-fusion-in-ubuntu-hardy-heron/
>
> and got to the end of step 1, the restart... it restarted, I signed
> into Ubuntu and got white screen.
(cut some stuff)

Answer I got:

Which version of Ubuntu are you using?* The current version is 8.04 and
as of 7.10 Ubuntu comes with Compiz Fusion by default.* You need
only
install the drivers for your graphics card in the Hardware Drivers
Manager, enable Desktop Effects and install the Compiz Fusion control
panel to adjust its advanced settings such as various special effects
and the rotating cube for switching between virtual desktops.

Mandi again:

Thanks for your reply

.... If you notice the URL is including the words "how to install compiz
fusion in ubuntu hardy heron... Hardy Heron (8.04) is actually
*the version of Ubuntu that I'm using.

I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of making this site
telling people how to install if it is already installed.
Well I'm not sure what else to tell you besides the fact I can't do anything
you say at all, even if I understood it, since my screen is white.
*I can't see to do anything my screen is white there is nothing on my
monitor but white. Do I need to totally reinstall
Ubuntu?
*or is there some other way to fix this white screen?

Baby steps please, I'm a complete newbie.

Thanks,
Mandi