Old 10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Lie Ryan

Default how to play .swf file on ubuntu, hardy

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:13:21 +0000, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
> Well, I have found, that if I really think about the wording of the
> subject line and then try to put all relevant information in the body,
> more often then not in the end I will have found the answer myself so I
> don't have to post the question ;-)
>
> Aart

+1 QOTW.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Derek Broughton

Lie Ryan wrote:

> Several days ago, someone said I think it's in another newsgroup) that in
> Usenet, you have to assume that the newsreader cannot read the subject
> line, thus the message body has to contain everything.

In fact, I had read the subject line - and the replies the OP hadn't
apparently seen - but my (trying to be helpful) post was specifically
because I'm aware that many people don't either see, or at least pay
attention to, subject lines.
--
derek

Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Derek Broughton

Aart Koelewijn wrote:

> Well, I have found, that if I really think about the wording of the
> subject line and then try to put all relevant information in the body,
> more often then not in the end I will have found the answer myself so I
> don't have to post the question ;-)
>
> This maybe the reason you don't see that many well formulated subject
> lines and questions.

LOL. I have to agree - I just answered a question for myself in exactly the
same way.

Which comes back down to the point of "ask smarter questions" :-)
--
derek