Old 09-25-2008, 02:46 AM

Default WiFi doesn't work on Lenovo T61

Hi,

I just received a Lenovo T61.. I thought it'd be a pretty mainstream choice, but to my horror the wifi refuses to work; I don't see any networks and when entering the network details manually it doesn't work either.

According to lspci, the netword card is:

Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)

If I look in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules then I see:

# PCI device 0x8086:0x4227 (iwl3945)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="00:1c:bf:ae:b4:08", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="wlan*", NAME="wlan0"

Help... any Ubuntu version I used since Hoary/Breezy worked with any laptop I threw at it, mostly smaller brands.. I thought it'd be a no-brainer with such a common model like the Thinkpad..

Heute schon ge"freeMail"t?
Jetzt kostenlose E-Mail-Adresse sichern!
http://email.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/basic/mail/index.html?pid=6831