Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM
John Hubbard

Default cowsay help

When using cowsay, how do I control when the cow divides my message onto
multiple lines? I tried
$ cowsay line1/
>line2

but I got:
____________
< line1line2 >
------------
^__^
(oo)\_______
(__) )/
||----w |
|| ||

How can I get the cow to say my motd when I log in via ssh?

--
-john

2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
0b11000100 || !0b11000100
0b11000100 || 0b00111011
0b11111111
255, that is the answer.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Peter Garrett

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:11:13 -0700
John Hubbard <ender8282@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When using cowsay, how do I control when the cow divides my message onto
> multiple lines? I tried
> $ cowsay line1/
> >line2
> >
> but I got:
> ____________
> < line1line2 >
> ------------
> ^__^
> (oo)\_______
> (__) )/
> ||----w |
> || ||

> How can I get the cow to say my motd when I log in via ssh?

printf "Hello there
I'm a cow...
" | cowsay

/ Hello there