Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 AM
"Gautam Saaraswath"

Default Network configuration and hard disk access

Hi people am Gautam, a new user of linux.Am Using Ubuntu 7.10 and have trouble connecting to the internet. Am having trouble with Ubuntu's network configuration which it doesn't accept configuration as convinently as window. I have tried other flaovurs such as Kubuntu, fedora 9and so on but every flavour gives me the same trouble. Secondly a hard disk which is capable to work on both the system is something very convinent incase i wanna use it as an external hard disk, now Ubuntu doesn't recognise it while Fedora 9 does and am able to use it. Am told Ubuntu is good for bigenners but when i type su in the terminal and type my password it doesn't authenticate it. There was no prompt for root password during setup. Confused and agonised. please help.

Regards

Gautam

Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Charlie Kravetz