Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Keith Clark

Default Scrambled screen upon startup

I am running ubuntu 8.04 on an older machine with an ATI card, which I
don't know how to tell which one, and it comes up with a scrambled
screen upon bootup. It is just all blurry.

I tried the irc route and someone helped me out but upon reboot, the
problem came right back.

Not sure if it is best just to reinstall another distro or try to
troubleshoot this one somehow.

Thanks,

Keith