Old 09-23-2008, 07:50 PM
"Michael S. Peek"

Default Areca or 3ware RAID controllers

Mark Haney wrote:
> 3Ware make good
> products. So why switch? If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I guess that's the unasked question isn't it: should I switch at all? I
guess if enough people came to me and said that the quality of and
support for areca blew 3ware out of the water, I'd probably give it a try.

Michael

Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 PM
"Mark Haney"

Michael S. Peek wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> 3Ware make good
>> products. So why switch? If it's not broke, don't fix it.
>>

> I guess that's the unasked question isn't it: should I switch at all? I
> guess if enough people came to me and said that the quality of and
> support for areca blew 3ware out of the water, I'd probably give it a try.
>
> Michael

Yeah, I suppose so. But I've yet to find better than 3Ware.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support