Old 09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Chris G

Default How to launch "Main Menu" without gnome-panel?

How can I launch the Gnome "Main Menu" from a script or program?

I run fvwm as my desktop window manager and I'd really like no to have
to run gnome-panel at all but I do occasionally want to get to the
Gnome system/default menus.

--
Chris Green

Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
NoOp

On 09/23/2008 04:49 AM, Chris G wrote:
> How can I launch the Gnome "Main Menu" from a script or program?
>
> I run fvwm as my desktop window manager and I'd really like no to have
> to run gnome-panel at all but I do occasionally want to get to the
> Gnome system/default menus.

Try:

$ gnome-control-center

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Chris G

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 08:59:49AM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/23/2008 04:49 AM, Chris G wrote:
> > How can I launch the Gnome "Main Menu" from a script or program?
> >
> > I run fvwm as my desktop window manager and I'd really like no to have
> > to run gnome-panel at all but I do occasionally want to get to the
> > Gnome system/default menus.
> >

> Try:
>
> $ gnome-control-center

Aha! :-) Just about exactly what I wanted, thank you.

--
Chris Green