no sound on Hardy when i play .asf file
i know it is mswindows file . so i m not crazy to use .exe . i wont try to use wine to enable .exe files.
all i would like to know honestly is why i can't hear sound of .asf file.
if there is error or codec needed, it should ask to download. now it said nothing and only video is displayed without sound.
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:30 PM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Send ubuntu-users mailing list submissions to
* * * *email@example.com
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
* * * *https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
* * * *firstname.lastname@example.org
You can reach the person managing the list at
* * * *email@example.com
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-users digest..."
* 1. Re: no sound on Hardy when i play .asf file (Joep L. Blom)
* 2. Re: the gnome lock screen (Philippe Didier)
* 3. cant ping external website (Donny George)
* 4. send email from command line (mierda tuti)
* 5. Re: cant ping external website (Markus Sch?nhaber)
* 6. Re: cant ping external website (Donny George)
* 7. Re: send email from command line (Erik Christiansen)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:04:33 +0200
From: "Joep L. Blom" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: no sound on Hardy when i play .asf file
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, * * not for general discussions"
* * * *<email@example.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Nay Myo Win schreef:
> i found no sound is heard when i play .asf file but no error msg appears.
> but video is displaying well.
> what do i do??
> the other thing is i bought CBT nuggets DVD rom which is learning
> Training Video for CCNA.
> it comes with index.exe file from which we can choose any lesson .
> so how can i run .exe file on Hardy??
> without that i can't see menu hierarchy.
> Nay Myo
.exe files are MSWindows files. Use VirtualBox to play it. (go to
synaptic and find virtualbox).
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users