Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Nils Kassube

Default keep wireless awake

John Hubbard wrote:
> Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> > The default SSH daemon behavior is to turn on TCPKeepAlive
> > (see /etc/ssh/sshd_config. With this option on, SSH connections will
> > drop if the remote client is down or unreachable. I suspect you have
> > this option set to "No" in which case the SSH sessions will stay
> > around forever, unless explicitly closed by one end of the
> > connection.
>
> Sorry to hijack the thread but this is related. Is there an easy way to
> close one of these connections that is forever open from the client
> end? Normally I have to kill the task. ctrl+c doesn't do the trick.

Probably you mean something like typing "~." (without quotes) on a new
line. Have a look at the chapter "ESCAPE CHARACTERS" of the ssh man page.

Nils

Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
John Hubbard

Nils Kassube wrote:
> John Hubbard wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to
>> close one of these connections that is forever open from the client
>> end? Normally I have to kill the task. ctrl+c doesn't do the trick.
>>

> Probably you mean something like typing "~." (without quotes) on a new
> line. Have a look at the chapter "ESCAPE CHARACTERS" of the ssh man page.

That was just what I was looking for. One of these days I will learn
that almost all of my questions are answered in the man pages.

--
-john

2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
0b11000100 || !0b11000100
0b11000100 || 0b00111011
0b11111111
255, that is the answer.