Old 09-23-2008, 12:10 AM
"Sam Albers"

Default Configuring TexMaker in Ubuntu

Hello all,

This is not exactly a Ubuntu question but I hope somebody with experience using TexMaker might be able to help me out a little.

Can anyone provide me with some good documentation on Texmaker? I can't
for the life of me configure it properly. I am using Ubuntu 8.04.

Whenever I try to run say LaTex or BibTex I simply receive an error saying:

Process started

Process exited with error(s)

am able to do a Quick Build to produce a nice looking .dvi file but
that is about it. I am relatively new to Ubuntu so I am just wondering
what I might be looking for to tell TexMaker where to look for the
programs in question. Any help would be much appreciated as I feel I am
wasting a lot of time getting this all running properly and not enough
time actually learning LaTex. Thanks in advance!

Sam

Old 09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Eric Maquiling

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 05:10:10PM -0700, Sam Albers wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>This is not exactly a Ubuntu question but I hope somebody with experience
>using TexMaker might be able to help me out a little.

Haven't used it but do you have all the LaTeX installed? After the dvi file,
can you do: dvi2pdf?

Usually, all the UI Tex stuff are just calls to all the command line stuff.

Typically, I just use VIM and a cheat sheet on my desk. I've used a lot of the
UI stuff but then switching between a lot of computers, it was easier to learn
the basic formatting and run 'latex filename'. Then use dvi2pdf or dvips to
print to the printer.

--
em