Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Gilles Gravier

Default vbox error on Hardy

Title: Signature Home Chastity

Now that is interesting. Normally you should get a window that says

And when you click on [Details] you get a list which contains :

libqt4-gui

libqt4-core

libaudio2

So I'm not sure why you aren't getting this. Could it be that you are
installing this as a user with no administrative rights?

Alternatively, can you try installing through the proper repository
with Synaptics ?

Add :

deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian hardy non-free

To your the end of your /etc/apt/sources.list file

Then get the Sun public key and add it to your keyring :

wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/sun_vbox.asc
-O- | sudo apt-key add -

Then, from Synaptics, try installing VirtualBox again (do a Reload
before).

The advantage of this method is that updates to VirtualBox will come
automatically.

Hopefully it will solve your installation problem as well.

Gilles.

Nay Myo Win wrote:

http://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63087_vboxon_Hardy_122_525lo.JPG

what do i do??

--

Nay Myo

--

Gilles Gravier = Gilles@Gravier.org

ICQ : 77488526* || MSN Messenger : Gilles@Gravier.org

Skype :*ggravier || Y! : ggravier || AOL : gillesgravier

PGP Key ID : 0x8DE6D026

"Chastity
is its own punishment." (Solomon Short)
[David Gerrold]

"De toutes les
aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus aberrante." [Anatole France]

Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM

>http://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63087_vboxon_Hardy_122_525lo.JPG

>what do i do??

>--

>Nay Myo

Open Synaptic and install libqt4-core

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- please immediately and permanently delete this message.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Sven

On 09/22/2008 08:00 AM, Nay Myo Win wrote:
> http://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63087_vboxon_Hardy_122_525lo.JPG
> what do i do??

VirtualBox is missing one or more dependencies, in RPM world called
dependency hell :-)

Virtualbox is already packaged in Ubuntu, so simply do

$ sudo aptitude install virtualbox-ose

It might not be the newest version, but its a clean system
administration concept. Always use Ubuntu packages if they are available.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Gilles Gravier

Hi!

Sven wrote:

VirtualBox is missing one or more dependencies, in RPM world called
dependency hell :-)

Virtualbox is already packaged in Ubuntu, so simply do

$ sudo aptitude install virtualbox-ose

It might not be the newest version, but its a clean system
administration concept. Always use Ubuntu packages if they are available.

If you install the OSE, then you don't get some of the fancy features
like USB support, or SATA support. Also the OSE version doens't support
RDP so no remote viewing of your virtualized desktop.

Gilles.

--

Signature Home Chastity

Old 09-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Derek Broughton

Sven wrote:

> On 09/22/2008 08:00 AM, Nay Myo Win wrote:

http://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63087_vboxon_Hardy_122_525lo.JPG
>> what do i do??
>
> VirtualBox is missing one or more dependencies, in RPM world called
> dependency hell :-)
>
> Virtualbox is already packaged in Ubuntu, so simply do
>
> $ sudo aptitude install virtualbox-ose

Except for many of us that doesn't do nearly enough (e.g., no USB support).
You can get the full virtualbox from sun, packaged for Ubuntu.
--
derek

Old 09-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Derek Broughton

Gilles Gravier wrote:

> If you install the OSE, then you don't get some of the fancy features
> like USB support, or SATA support. Also the OSE version doens't support
> RDP so no remote viewing of your virtualized desktop.

RDP? Never even thought of that. What a concept...
--
derek

Old 09-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Gilles Gravier

Derek Broughton wrote:

Gilles Gravier wrote:

If you install the OSE, then you don't get some of the fancy features
like USB support, or SATA support. Also the OSE version doens't support
RDP so no remote viewing of your virtualized desktop.

RDP? Never even thought of that. What a concept...

Well... people in the industry are managing farms of virtualized
servers... RDP is useful for them if they are in a Windows
environment...

Gilles.