FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Victor Sterpu
 
Default libtool problem

I use Ubuntu server 7.10, libtool 1.5.24 and gcc 4.1.3.
I try to compile the last version of mod_auth_xradius and when I do make
I receive the error:

if /usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --mode=compile g++-4.1
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I./include -Wall -I./libradius -DLINUX=2
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/apr-1.0
-I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include/postgresql -I/usr/include/xmltok
-pthread -I/usr/include/apache2 -I/usr/include/apr-1.0
-I/usr/include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/postgresql -g -O2 -MT
mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.lo -MD -MP -MF
".deps/mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.Tpo" -c -o
mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.lo `test -f
'src/mod_auth_xradius.c' || echo './'`src/mod_auth_xradius.c;
then mv -f ".deps/mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.Tpo"
".deps/mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.Plo"; else rm -f
".deps/mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
make: *** [mod_auth_xradius_la-mod_auth_xradius.lo] Error

I tryed to compile and other programs and I received the same error.
Does someoane knows how can I fix this?

Thak you.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Helmut Jarausch
 
Default libtool problem

Hi,

since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
like
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la

The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
anymore.

I have rebuilt libtool, sourced /etc/profile
still I cannot get rid of this problem.

Has anybody an idea where this comes from and how to fix this?

Many thanks for hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Dirk Heinrichs
 
Default libtool problem

Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009 13:15:55 schrieb Helmut Jarausch:

> since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
> like
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la
>
> The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
> anymore.
>
> I have rebuilt libtool, sourced /etc/profile
> still I cannot get rid of this problem.

Did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh 4.3.2"?

HTH...

Dirk
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Helmut Jarausch
 
Default libtool problem

On 3 Feb, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009 13:15:55 schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
>
>> since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
>> like
>> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la
>>
>> The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
>> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
>> anymore.
>>
>> I have rebuilt libtool, sourced /etc/profile
>> still I cannot get rid of this problem.
>
> Did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh 4.3.2"?
>

Thanks!
Where does this beast come from?
Helmut.


--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default libtool problem

On Dienstag 03 Februar 2009, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
> like
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la
>
> The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
> anymore.
>
> I have rebuilt libtool, sourced /etc/profile
> still I cannot get rid of this problem.
>
> Has anybody an idea where this comes from and how to fix this?
>
> Many thanks for hint,
> Helmut.

if you would have looked here:
http://www.gentoo.org/

you would have seen this:
gcc-4.3.3 and broken libtool archives
linking to:
http://psykil.livejournal.com/334483.html
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Justin
 
Default libtool problem

Helmut Jarausch schrieb:
> On 3 Feb, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009 13:15:55 schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
>>
>>> since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
>>> like
>>> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la
>>>
>>> The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
>>> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
>>> anymore.
>>>
>>> I have rebuilt libtool, sourced /etc/profile
>>> still I cannot get rid of this problem.
>> Did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh 4.3.2"?
>>
>
> Thanks!
> Where does this beast come from?
> Helmut.
>
>

Do you read the elog messages?
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Nikos Chantziaras
 
Default libtool problem

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

On 3 Feb, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:

Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009 13:15:55 schrieb Helmut Jarausch:


since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
like
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la

The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
anymore.

I have rebuilt libtool, sourced /etc/profile
still I cannot get rid of this problem.

Did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh 4.3.2"?



Thanks!
Where does this beast come from?


It's also in the official documentation. Chapter "Gentoo GCC Upgrade
Guide", section "Frequent Error Messages" :P


http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml#doc_chap5
 
Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default libtool problem

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 13:15:55 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> since a short time many (not all) packages fail to build with a message
> like
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgomp.la
>
> The problem is that I have upgraded to gcc-4.3.3 so there is no path
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2
> anymore.

Re-emerge gcc-4.3.3 - this was fixed without a revision bump.


--
Neil Bothwick

A man needs a mistress - just to break the monogamy
 
Old 02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Helmut Jarausch
 
Default libtool problem

On 3 Feb, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> Re-emerge gcc-4.3.3 - this was fixed without a revision bump.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I do love this !!!

Many thanks,
Helmut.


--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany
 
Old 02-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Mike Kazantsev
 
Default libtool problem

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:03:00 +0100 (CET)
Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> I do love this !!!

And I hate to re-emerge same gcc every time some minor bug (which I
didn't happen to reproduce) is fixed.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org