Old 12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
David Abrahams

Default forcedeth updated for Gutsy?

Not long ago I upgraded my server (with onboard NVidia ethernet) from
Edgy to Feisty and since then, at seemingly random times, its ethernet
connection will just disappear, and nothing I do short of a reboot
seems to bring it back. Grasping at straws, I'm guessing this might
have something to do with the forcedeth driver, which IIUC is part of
the kernel. I'm willing to upgrade again to Gutsy if there's a good
chance of this problem being fixed. Does anyone have info for me?

Thanks

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting