FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Rajat
 
Default Help with 2.1 speaker setup

Hi All,

I am having problems with the subwoofer of the new 2.1 sound system I bought of Logitech. It works like marvel when I connect to my iPod but doesn't when I connect to my laptop. Am I going wrong anywhere? Any tweaks to be made in alsamixer?


Also, worked on my friend's laptop which has vista.

I am a music person and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajat

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Rajat
 
Default Help with 2.1 speaker setup

Hi Anyone ?

I also installed gnome-audio-controller. I read up on the forum that the subwoofer has something to do with LFE. I dont see the controller for the LFE on my sound settings. I only see PCM and MAster.


Thanks for your help
Rajat

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Rajat <a.rajat@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am having problems with the subwoofer of the new 2.1 sound system I bought of Logitech. It works like marvel when I connect to my iPod but doesn't when I connect to my laptop. Am I going wrong anywhere? Any tweaks to be made in alsamixer?



Also, worked on my friend's laptop which has vista.

I am a music person and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajat



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
"Michael "TheZorch" Haney"
 
Default Help with 2.1 speaker setup

Rajat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having problems with the subwoofer of the new 2.1 sound system I
> bought of Logitech. It works like marvel when I connect to my iPod but
> doesn't when I connect to my laptop. Am I going wrong anywhere? Any
> tweaks to be made in alsamixer?
>
> Also, worked on my friend's laptop which has vista.
>
> I am a music person and any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Rajat
Please clarify a few things for us. Are they digital speakers or analog
speakers. I believe the iPod can work with either. Digital speakers
connect to the regular audio port but the audio output has to be turned
to digital for the speakers to work. I think there's a way to do this
in Ubuntu but I don't know how.

Also, sound sound cards in laptops need the drivers to turn on the phono
jack when something is plugged into it or the phono jack needs to be
manually turned on. In Vista or XP it will automatically turn on when
you plug in speakers or a set of headphones, but in Ubuntu its not
automatic. You need to turn something on but again I don't know what it is.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch@gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home
SypeName: thezorch
AIM: thezorch@gmail.com
Yahoo IM: zorchhaney
ICQ: 343230252
GoogleTalk: thezorch
MSN Messeger: haneymichael@hotmail.com
Free You Computer from the Tyranny of Microsoft www.ubuntu.com


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Joe Burgess
 
Default Help with 2.1 speaker setup

Rajat wrote:
> Hi Anyone ?
>
> I also installed gnome-audio-controller. I read up on the forum that the
> subwoofer has something to do with LFE. I dont see the controller for the
> LFE on my sound settings. I only see PCM and MAster.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Rajat
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Rajat <a.rajat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am having problems with the subwoofer of the new 2.1 sound system I
>> bought of Logitech. It works like marvel when I connect to my iPod but
>> doesn't when I connect to my laptop. Am I going wrong anywhere? Any tweaks
>> to be made in alsamixer?
>>
>> Also, worked on my friend's laptop which has vista.
>>
>> I am a music person and any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rajat
>>
>
Also, do headphones work in the same port?? we need to know if the port
is working at all

--Joe

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Rajat
 
Default Help with 2.1 speaker setup

They are digital speakers and the model is Logitech 2.1 LS21

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/4251&cl=us,en


The port works fine - both headphones as well as the two speakers of my 2.1 speaker surround system. The issue that I am facing is "the sub woofer not working". I googled for some solution and got the info that a supposedly "LFE" feature needs to be worked around with. Also installed GNOME Alsa Mixer ... didn't help.


Thanks
Rajat

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Joe Burgess <joemburgess@gmail.com> wrote:

Rajat wrote:

> Hi Anyone ?

>

> I also installed gnome-audio-controller. I read up on the forum that the

> subwoofer has something to do with LFE. I dont see the controller for the

> LFE on my sound settings. I only see PCM and MAster.

>

> Thanks for your help

> Rajat

>

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Rajat <a.rajat@gmail.com> wrote:

>

>> Hi All,

>>

>> I am having problems with the subwoofer of the new 2.1 sound system I

>> bought of Logitech. It works like marvel when I connect to my iPod but

>> doesn't when I connect to my laptop. Am I going wrong anywhere? Any tweaks

>> to be made in alsamixer?

>>

>> Also, worked on my friend's laptop which has vista.

>>

>> I am a music person and any help will be greatly appreciated.

>>

>> Thanks

>> Rajat

>>

>

Also, do headphones work in the same port?? we need to know if the port

is working at all



--Joe




--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Frans
 
Default Help with 2.1 speaker setup

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 01:15:58 +0200, Rajat wrote:

> They are digital speakers and the model is Logitech 2.1 LS21
>
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/4251&cl=us,en
>
> The port works fine - both headphones as well as the two speakers of my
> 2.1 speaker surround system. The issue that I am facing is "the sub
> woofer not working". I googled for some solution and got the info that a
> supposedly "LFE" feature needs to be worked around with. Also installed
> GNOME Alsa Mixer ... didn't help.
>
> Thanks
> Rajat
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Joe Burgess <joemburgess@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Rajat wrote:
>> > Hi Anyone ?
>> >
>> > I also installed gnome-audio-controller. I read up on the forum that
>> > the subwoofer has something to do with LFE. I dont see the controller
>> > for the LFE on my sound settings. I only see PCM and MAster.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help
>> > Rajat
>> >
>> > On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Rajat <a.rajat@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi All,
>> >>
>> >> I am having problems with the subwoofer of the new 2.1 sound system
>> >> I bought of Logitech. It works like marvel when I connect to my iPod
>> >> but doesn't when I connect to my laptop. Am I going wrong anywhere?
>> >> Any
>> tweaks
>> >> to be made in alsamixer?
>> >>
>> >> Also, worked on my friend's laptop which has vista.
>> >>
>> >> I am a music person and any help will be greatly appreciated.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks
>> >> Rajat
>> >>
>> >>
>> Also, do headphones work in the same port?? we need to know if the port
>> is working at all
>>
>> --Joe

Have you read the quick-start guide? It's online as a .pdf file:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/4251&cl=us,en
-> troubleshooting -> Manuals for the LS21. See 4. Adjusting bass control:
To adjust bass level from your LS21 speakers, turn the bass control up or
down. The control is on the back of your subwoofer.

Note that your speakers take as input a line level (or headphone level)
analogue stereo signal. The speakerset then sends the lower sound
frequency's from both channels to your subwoofer.

Good luck!

-Frans



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Thu Sep 25 13:30:01 2008
Return-path: <ubuntu-mobile-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com>
Envelope-to: tom@linux-archive.org
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:06:54 +0300
Received: from chlorine.canonical.com ([91.189.94.204])
by s2.java-tips.org with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <ubuntu-mobile-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com>)
id 1KinkL-0007S3-V0
for tom@linux-archive.org; Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:06:54 +0300
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=chlorine.canonical.com)
by chlorine.canonical.com with esmtp (Exim 4.60)
(envelope-from <ubuntu-mobile-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com>)
id 1KinkG-0004CV-G7; Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:06:48 +0100
Received: from mail-gx0-f15.google.com ([209.85.217.15])
by chlorine.canonical.com with esmtp (Exim 4.60)
(envelope-from <javier.galvez.guerrero@gmail.com>)
id 1KinkE-0004Bv-B7
for ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com; Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:06:46 +0100
Received: by gxk8 with SMTP id 8so6578657gxk.14
for <ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com>;
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.100.106.1 with SMTP id e1mr6947539anc.34.1222337205367;
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.100.189.5 with HTTP; Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <145d4e1a0809250306k1797467n8ee5ab0bc1763ae4@mail. gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:06:45 +0200
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Javier_G=E1lvez_Guerrero?="
<javier.galvez.guerrero@gmail.com>
To: "Ubuntu Mobile" <ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Trying to boot a Samsung Q1 (non-Ultra) with a Ubuntu Mobile flashed
USB
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-BeenThere: ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.8
Precedence: list
List-Id: Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded discussions
<ubuntu-mobile.lists.ubuntu.com>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile>,
<mailto:ubuntu-mobile-request@lists.ubuntu.com?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mobile>
List-Post: <mailto:ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com>
List-Help: <mailto:ubuntu-mobile-request@lists.ubuntu.com?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile>,
<mailto:ubuntu-mobile-request@lists.ubuntu.com?subject=subscribe>
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============8790682365159783696=="
Mime-version: 1.0
Sender: ubuntu-mobile-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com
Errors-To: ubuntu-mobile-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com

--===============8790682365159783696==
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_3332_5616846.1222337205365"

------=_Part_3332_5616846.1222337205365
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi,

I have downloaded both September 23rd and 25th images of Ubuntu Mobile
from here
and <http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mid/intrepid/>, after following the
instructions here <http://people.ubuntu.com/%7Eogra/mobile/>, I haven't been
able to boot my Samsung Q1 (note it is not an Ultra version). As I was said
it should work both in Ultra an non-Ultra versions of the UMPC, I thought I
wouldn't have any problem at all, but that's not the case.

I've set the BIOS booting priorities properly and I've checked the two
images in 3 different devices (2 laptops and the UMPC) and all terminals and
images have the same problem: instead of booting Ubuntu a blinking cursor
appears in the top left corner of the screen, no activity at all, neither in
the USB nor in the UMPC (I have waited for more than 15 minutes...).

Should I have any special USB key to make it boot?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm quite interested in developing and
testing under this platform. If needed more info, please, tell me.


Thank you all,
Javi

------=_Part_3332_5616846.1222337205365
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

<div dir="ltr">Hi,<br><br>I have downloaded both September 23rd and 25th images of Ubuntu Mobile from <a href="http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mid/intrepid/">here and</a>, after following the instructions <a href="http://people.ubuntu.com/%7Eogra/mobile/">here</a>, I haven't been able to boot my Samsung Q1 (note it is not an Ultra version). As I was said it should work both in Ultra an non-Ultra versions of the UMPC, I thought I wouldn't have any problem at all, but that's not the case.<br>
<br>I've set the BIOS booting priorities properly and I've checked the two images in 3 different devices (2 laptops and the UMPC) and all terminals and images have the same problem: instead of booting Ubuntu a blinking cursor appears in the top left corner of the screen, no activity at all, neither in the USB nor in the UMPC (I have waited for more than 15 minutes...).<br>
<br>Should I have any special USB key to make it boot?<br><br>Any help would be much appreciated as I'm quite interested in developing and testing under this platform. If needed more info, please, tell me.<br><br><br>
Thank you all,<br>Javi<br><br><br></div>

------=_Part_3332_5616846.1222337205365--


--===============8790682365159783696==
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--
Ubuntu-mobile mailing list
Ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile

--===============8790682365159783696==--
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org