Old 09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
NoOp

Default Symbian Helix Player (was Relicensing the AMR codec for inclusion in Ubuntu)

On 09/19/2008 08:14 AM, daxlinux@gmail.com wrote:
> https://symbian.helixcommunity.org/
>
> Kinda o/t, but I have been trying to get this for my PDA. The problem
> is that I can't seem to find the download for the latest version. The
> link above mentions a version 3.0 that is available for s60 2nd and
> 3rd editions, but after following the links I can only download a much
> older 1.0 version from the regular player download page which seems as
> though it may be somewhat outdated. There is no mention of 3.0 on that
> page and the latest date on any file there is early 2007, the symbian
> version I believe having a 2005 date. The link that was supposed to
> take me to a binary of 3.0 instead took me to a login page which I
> believe is probably for developers rather than people who are trying
> to download the player. Is there a more direct link that can allow me
> to download the installer for 3.0 s60 2nd edition? Or should I be
> looking in a different place? Do I need to create a login account in
> order to get this file? Seems unusual, but may be the case. Is there
> somewhere else I should be looking other than the link that says I can
> get a binary "here"?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Lorenzo

https://symbian.helixcommunity.org/
Current Project:

* HelixPlayer for Symbian v3.0

https://symbian.helixcommunity.org/Symbian_helix_v3.html
register:
https://helixcommunity.org/account/register
and then register.

You might find these of interest as well:
http://symbiancorner.blogspot.com/search/label/S60

Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 PM

Well, I setup the account and activated it. Now when I click the link
that tells me I can get binaries, I see everything but a symbian
version of 3.0, and again, the latest files I see are dated 2005, and
the symbian file is 1.0 and it is dated 2003. Did I miss something
this time?

Thanks for any help,
Lorenzo