Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Chris Jeffries

Default Real Player, WAS Relicensing the AMR codec for inclusion in Ubuntu

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 02:08 +0100, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:

> Seems reasonably well behaved. Besides... it's pretty unlikely
> that RP
> can take over much of anything on linux. You could of course
> just run
> the Helix OSS software upon which RP linux is based:

I remember those horrible versions of Real player too.

I HAD to install it on my Ubuntu because I wanted to listen to BBC
broadcasts. Helix just would not work.

I can confirm that it is NOT the horrible beast it once was. OTOH, I
would much rather be using open source if I could - however, compared to
BBC I am a very small fish.

Chris.